Quality improvement is about trying to make the health care you receive more:
Safe – trying to ensure the care you receive makes you better, not worse
Timely – do you receive the care and information you need, when you need it?
Effective – are the treatments and advice you’re receiving evidence-based? Do they work?
Efficient – helping your centre understand and use their resources to ensure optimal care
People-centred – ensuring your opinions on your care are listened to and acted upon
Equitable – reducing unnecessary differences in how care is provided across the UK
The QI team was established in 2018 to provide resources that help to support CF centres across the UK to improve the quality of the care they provide.
Patient Reported Experience Measures (PREMs) Survey
Our UK-wide patient experience survey will give participating CF centres insights into what their patients and families think about the health care they receive. Results of the survey will be compared to the UK average for each question, to allow centres to benchmark their performance. This will help CF teams identify potential areas for change. Running the PREMs survey every three years will track how patients’ feelings about their care change over time and help CF teams measure if their QI projects have had a positive impact.
The staffing tool will give CF centres a yearly snapshot of staffing resources and information about how their staffing, vacancy and long-term leave levels compare to UK averages. It will provide a UK-wide picture, showing how staffing levels for different professional groupings are changing over time.
We are collecting Patient Reported Experience Measures from participating paediatric CF centres between September 2019 and September 2020. Check if your paediatric CF centre is participating here.
Adults with cystic fibrosis will have the opportunity to complete the survey in 2020.
Complete the paediatric survey
If your centre is on the participation list, complete the paediatric survey either in paper format at your clinic, or via the online version of the questionnaire below. Remember to only complete the below surveys if you or your child receives their care at a paediatric CF centre. Choose the link that corresponds to the correct age version for your child. Please read the Patient Reported Experience Measures (PREMs) survey data handling information before completing the survey.
- Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge
- Alder Hey NHS Children’s Hospital, Liverpool
- Birmingham Children's Hospital
- Bristol Royal Hospital for Children
- Crosshouse Hospital, Ayr
- Derriford Hospital, Devon
- Great North Children's Hospital, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Hull and East Yorkshire Teaching Hospital
- James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough
- John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford
- Leicester Royal Infirmary
- Noah's Ark Children's Hospital for Wales
- Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (Jenny Lind Children's Hospital)
- North West Midlands CF Centre, Royal Stoke University Hospital
- Nottingham Children's Hospital (Queen's Medical Centre)
- Royal Brompton Hospital, London
- Royal Cornwall Hospital
- Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital
- Royal Hospital for Children, Glasgow
- Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Edinburgh
- Royal London Children’s Hospital
- Royal Manchester Children's Hospital
- Sheffield Children's Hospital
- Southampton Children's Hospital
- University Hospital Wishaw, Lanarkshire